PATHWAY HOME SERVICES
SPECIAL SERVICES: SERVING OUR VETERANS
Supportive Transition Housing for Homeless Veterans
Supportive Transition from the Military to the Community
Pathway Home will provide affordable Alternative Supportive Transition Housing Structure for homeless and potentially endangered nearing homeless veterans in a collaborative environment involving federal, state, VA, the veterans and their families and the community until they are ready to return to their own homes.
While under the supervision of a coordinator-coach,the veteran will be supported and assisted to become independent, healthy citizen through self-help as designed in Veterans Health at Home Self Care Program and “Self Management of Post Traumatic Stress” PTSD Coach Program.
This concept will empower the veteran as well as contribute to his well being as a person and a free citizen.
Veteran’s homelessness has become a social problem not only for the aging veterans but for those who are returning from wars (Desert Storm, Afghanistan, and Iraq). Multiple factors have been identified that have brought this about: physical and mental alterations from injury, displacement of families, divorce, and unemployment.
- To prepare displaced members of the military to transition from homeless to independent self sustaining, productive and healthy citizens.
- To bring the veteran back to the community.
- To empower the veteran to use the skills and leadership they gained from being servicemen to the larger community.
Vision: To reduce or eliminate homelessness among veterans. To provide community services to the veterans outside a VA facility or hospital.
- Collaborate & partnership with the VA and its programs to care for those who served
- Involve veteran’s families and communities in their care
- Assist Vets with VA’s Veterans Health at Home Self Care Program
- Maintain Nutrition and healthy weight with Choose My Plate and MOVE projects
- Substance Abuse, Depression and mental health Programs
- PTSD Coach “Self Management of Post Traumatic Stress ”for emotional crisis, stress management
- Become a community coordinator to deliver government and VA services and programs to veterans in a non-hospital environment
- Provide Support system to veterans through Nurse Coaching Program for Veterans in the community.
- Assist veterans in finding distressed/handyman specials that they can develop and refurbish as their first home.
Candidates for Housing Assistance
Pathway Home (PH) will coordinate with VA HUD-VASH in identifying homeless veterans as well as those in danger or nearing homelessness.
Similarly, PH will coordinate with government shelters in identifying homeless veterans in the community.
Nurse Coach: Myrna D. Santos, MSN, RN
OUR HOUSING PROJECTS START HERE
SPECIAL SERVICES for YOUNG ADULTS
The First Pathway Home
The construction of the first Pathway Home in New York started early April, 2013 and completion is slated between January, 2014. This supportive transition home will provide dwelling for a mix community of families, individuals, young adults and veterans. The mix community has its advantages and will be beneficial to the well being, social, financial and emotional, to its beneficiaries and recipients.
COACHING and MENTORING the Youth
Realities of Independent Living
Saving Homes from Foreclosures